Thursday, July 18, 2013

{P,H,F,R,}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~ 


We arrived home in the wee hours of this morning.  With heavy eyes I am writing  this post so be prepared for thoughts that might not make since!

We spent 5 days on the beautiful maritime peninsula of St. Andrews by the Sea in New Brunswick.  My preparations for this trip were no way near what I thought it would be.  Mr. Golfer and I were captivated by the smallness of the village and the fact that we could walk everywhere in just 2-3 minutes.

We stayed in a marvelous B & B and breakfast each morning was a delight.  The company around the table was different each day.  Most guests were just passing through, but we were there for 4 nights, so we met so many different  families from all over the world.


{Pretty}
 
I don't even know where to begin!

 




 
 
 
These are just a couple of pics of the St. Croix River that feeds into the Bay of Fundy and then Water Street which is the main road in the village.  We walked this street every day to find a place to eat and shop.  It sits on the river.
 
 
{Happy}
 
 
 
 
We may not be smiling big, but believe me we were happy!  This was coming!
 

 
 
My first lobster!  Can't say I liked anything about getting to the meat, but I did enjoy eating him.  I actually covered his eyes with a napkin.  Just couldn't take him staring at me as we ripped him apart!
 

 
 

{Funny}
 
 
 
 
This is Fundy.  A beautiful  alpaca who lives at Kinsbrae Gardens.  More about that in the next few weeks.  I brought home his spun wool.  ( and more yarn that you can imagine!)
 
 
{Real}
 
 
Laundry.  Laundry. Laundry.  And most of it arrives with Mr. Golfer's clubs via Fed Ex.
 
 
Link up with Aunt Leila at Like Mother Like Daughter!




No comments:

Post a Comment