Thursday, April 17, 2014

{ PHFR} The Garden, Old Friends, My Back


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday, here at Like Mother, Like Daughter!
















These pictures just make my heart sing.  As much as I love the coziness of Fall, Spring is just joyous!  I adore watching life begin again in this cycle God created.  It seems I may be drawn to yellows in the garden, so I am trying to add some other colors.  Can you believe I captured that sweet bee on the Gerbera Daisy?
Columbine is such a dependable perennial.  It weathers green during the winter here and just pushes those sweet blooms out on schedule every year.  The blues are Delpheniums.  I have difficulty growing these so I am trying a new place this year.  A little more shade and less intense sun.  We shall see.  My beloved St. Joseph Lillies and a hollyhock that is trying to recover from the harch winter.  Two of the peonies that I have babied for almost 20 years and the full bed of them in the front of the house.  That last picture is part of the back garden I just had cleared.  That was home to coneflowers..... lots of coneflowers.  Take my advice and do not plant these unless you want an entire bed.  Containers work best.  It is now sectioned off for a cottage cutting garden.  I am going to be slow to plant as I don't want to have to go through this clearing again!





These two ladies are very special to me.  I have known them both over 30 years. Joan, in the middle, just returned from a 2 month stay in Indonesia at a seminary where she went to teach conversational English.  Before she left she asked what we would like from Indonesia.  Well what would a knitter say?  Yarn!  Well this lady took that request seriously and looked and looked and looked...... but alas...no yarn.  The closest she came to was this lovely embroidery thread. And look at that fabric!  Cotton Voile! It has a lovely border already there for a skirt.  Perfect! I'm so thankful to have friends like these ladies!

I did see the Dr. on Tuesday about the back pain.  He was on the same page with me that surgery would be the last thing he would suggest.  I am one of those patients that" if it can go wrong it will", so we stay away from that option if we can.  No MRI for now because he is sure it will show a mess in my back.  Steroid pack for 6 days, meds for nerve pain which should help the sciatica in the leg, and exercises to do.  The biggest issue is I have no reflexes in my legs when sitting or standing.  This makes me pretty unstable and explains the couple of falls I have had.  This will most likely cause me to back off on the number of days I keep the grandchildren.  I have already toppled over holding the baby.  It's ok...we were close to the ground.  I'm very sad about this and having to deal with that as well as the pain.  Pray?

Linking up with  Aunt Leila today!

I wish all of you a very Holy Triduum and a Happy Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Your garden photos look amazing! My earliest bulbs are barely beginning to come up but I can hardly wait to see how my perennials look when they appear. It'll be our second full summer in this house, so I get to anticipate seeing how the work I did last summer weathered the long winter.

    I love that sectioned off stone bit in the last picture... a very neat idea I need to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden....fantastic pictures! Praying for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely will add you to my prayers. It's so hard to understand when our bodies refuse to comply with out demands. But better to listen to our bodies than try to bend them to our will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing those peonies peeking up! I hope you have beautiful blooms to enjoy soon!

    ReplyDelete