Monday, January 5, 2015

Planning Week





Each time one of our daughters has married, Mr. Golfer and I have given an Engagement Party.  It has varied in size and form depending on what the couple wanted.  This weekend we will host another.  I will find myself pulling all the details together this week as life after the Christmas break resumes.

This party is a Cocktails and Dessert celebration. I believe it will be the easiet as there is no meal to prepare.  I have ordered all the desserts from the same baker that is doing the wedding cakes.  She is the most fabulous creator.  The reception site is letting me borrow a few linens that we are using for the wedding and I have ordered tables and bar ware to be delivered.  I own all the glass plates and champagne glasses for 60 so that detail is covered.

So this week I need to take care of the small details.  I'm ordering a picture to be displayed and deciding on table centerpieces. If I can get an advanced copy of the announcement ( which will be in Sunday's paper) I may have that on displayed as well.  All in all, I think most is covered.

Thank you so much for the kind words from Friday's post.  It was a difficult one to write, but I have felt so much better since it was done. It's always good to know that your feelings are validated even if it wouldn't change a thing.




3 comments:

  1. My mouth is hanging open looking at that lovely ring! Wow!
    May your children be blessed with a permanent God centered marriage.
    In Jesus' Name.

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Engagement Party! Praying everyone has a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. may this time be blessed (and wow, you have plates and glasses for 60!) God bless you all and keep you in this time of joy. Much love to you as joy and sorrow are often near to each other (as per your last post). (Hugs)! <3

    ReplyDelete