Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Yarn Along....Ice and Snow






Our weather has been typical for North Texas.  We had a few weeks of unseasonably warm days and now the last two have been sheets of ice.  There has been no school.  Snow is expected this morning, but only time will tell.  Another day at home would not bother me:)

The secret knitting is growing.  I placed a towel underneath in the photo.  I wasn't sure if the yarn would adhere to the ice or not.  Better safe.......  I have no containers large enough to photograph it in, so now I will look for other unusual spaces.  I've always loved the thought other bloggers put into their knitting photos.  That is not a strength of mine, but I'm going to try.

After finishing The Pink Suit last week I still had a reading appetite for royalty. The American Heiress has been on my bookshelf for a few years.  I think one of the girls left it here.  It has been another fun read.  No language or explicit sexual references to deal with.  Good, clean, reading.

On the wedding front......invitations were ordered yesterday.  A little more drama than I thought, but it is all done.  And they will be beautiful:)

Linking up with Ginny!



13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the secret project in all it's glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to sit down and read a good clean book? I am so tired of hearing about' that' Shades book. Life is too short for trash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at your snow!! Wow :) When we lived in Denton we had one inch fall and melt in six hours but the whole town shut down. lovely secret knitting, won't be long now! I'm with you on the clean reading. I think that's why I liked the "mr. penumbra's 24 hour books store". Non offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos in the ice - that secret project looks lovely. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your secret knitting project is perfectly suited to this winter's weather ;) Am looking forward to seeing the FO, but meanwhile hope you all stay warm, safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The knitting is beautiful, and we have loved our wintry mix out my way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice is scary stuff, especially places like Texas where they aren't equipped to deal with it. But it does make lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see the big reveal, looks very promising.

    It is funny to read your comment "I've always loved the thought other bloggers put into their knitting photos. That is not a strength of mine, but I'm going to try." as I was scrolling down the page I was thinking what amazing pictures, I really should put more effort into mine. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love picking up a book off my bookshelf that I have read before. It kinda feels like a bookstore in my own home! Crazy weather all over the country I tell ya! It just keeps on snowing up here in RI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The agree about the pictures others take... I want to be more creative but it's often night and dark by the time i even get a chance to take a picture in the winter months and that's not too fun for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about photography. I am a terrible photographer, and I also share the problem of trying to do all of this at night, in the dark. Your surprise looks lovely, by the way! I can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty knit. I looks great with the icy background. I am looking forward to seeing it when it is completed. I certainly know about ice since I live in the north east. I am so ready to be done with winter.

    ReplyDelete