Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Yarn Along and a New Little Sock

Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?




It's the end of the day and the light is fading fast.  I have been sewing most of the day and completely forgot to get pictures of my knitting.

From last week's post...."  Hazel Knits makes some of the most wonderful sock yarn.  This was gifted to me by my oldest daughter who knits her socks with nothing else. The colorway is Emerald City.  I have a pair of pants for winter just this color. I have decided it will be No Purl Monkey Socks.  I have wanted to knit this pattern for a long time, so here I go!"

And go I have!  These are pretty fast and I think the knits instead of purls look very smooth.

I am off to Austin this weekend to visit #3  daughter and the wonderful yarn shops there.  She always humors me by letting me spend some time looking for yarn.  Gauge Knits is on my list for sure!

Hope your knitting is going well. And many thanks to Ginny for providing the link up.  She is in the last few days of her pregnancy, so I wish her many blessings and a safe delivery!

4 comments:

  1. what lovely socks! I am thinking of Ginny too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sock pattern. They look comfy. Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very lovely sock yarn - No Purl Monkeys is on my Rav favorites list. I'm sure I'll get to it. Someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarn!!! Love the deep rich hues in that skein :)

    ReplyDelete