Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Little Snack and Knitting

White corn for me!
We have been busy all weekend with some construction in the house. I want to wait and reveal the pictures when the last stage is complete.  That last stage is the painting and it all depends on me!  So Mr. Golfer and I are relaxing this evening with a snack.  He with the newspaper and me with my knitting.  I am watching one of the football games with him until Downton Abbey comes on.  I am not a pro football fan so I am turning a  deaf ear to much of what is going on.

There is a beautiful knitting completion that happened this weekend as well and I will post about it on Wednesday's Yarn Along.

Tomorrow is a school holiday for my oldest daughter so only Patrick and Rachel will be with me tomorrow.  We are going in search of the perfect box to gift the perfect blanket.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm watching Downton later today - after last week, I'm still so upset. I hope it doesn't further frustrate me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! Having already watched the season before Christmas I forgot it was that episode.

      Delete
    2. I, too, watched the season on UK time and when I heard all the scuttlebutt this week about the startling episode, my first reaction was "not again!" It took me quite a while to realize that this was the same episode I had already seen. A real "duh" moment!

      Do you watch Call the Midwife? I just learned that is started in the UK yesterday. I don't think I'm going to have the will to wait -- I'll have to sign up again for Tunnel Bear!

      Can't wait to see your finished blanket. :-)

      Delete
    3. We're huge Downton fans and I wasn't going to watch last week, having heard of the storyline and not wanting to be upset by it. ha! I only made it to Tuesday before I caved. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - they were discreet for the most part, but still so, so tragic. The Bates & Anna dynamic in last night's episode was painful to watch. So very sad.

      Delete