Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yarn Along and Sewing

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?











Whippoorwill is just 5 row from being complete, but with over 400 stitches per row it is not a quick finish.  I was hoping to have a gorgeous picture for this week, but alas, it is still on the needles.  I am excited though thinking about this being a "go to" shawl to just throw around the shoulders at the spur of the moment. It has those colors that would just pop anything you were wearing.

My baby blanket is now at the edging, but I put it in time out for a bit for a number of reasons.  First, I really am tired of pink.  Second, the yarn was making my hands hurt.  That cotton just has no give to it. Lastly, I have to wind more yarn before I can continue.  All good reasons.  :))))

Sewing is in full swing.  The LYS where I have placed them is selling out, so I am staying busy.  Also, they want to have many to take to the DFW Fiber Fest the last weekend in March.  I am finding putting fabrics together as much fun as creating them.

My daughter, Julia, is working on a button for the blog and a PayPal checkout.  That should be up in a week or so and then ordering can take place from here.  It is exciting to begin this new venture!

Joining up again this week with Ginny!  Looking forward to seeing all the wondwrful projects!


12 comments:

  1. that is so exciting! the shawl is just gorgeous and your bags are great!! So EXCITED to be getting the one I won!!! I do hope to take pictures of it and DV (Lord willing) will blog it and do some blog advert for your new venture! good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags! I've made several zippered bags for projects. They are great to throw in and take along... I do like the drawstring idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those long rows take forever don't they? It's going to be a stunning shawl.
    And your bags, oh how pretty. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags! I can't wait to order one! Yay for the LYS selling out on them! Your shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is so beautifully full of happy! I love the colour. It makes me smile and feel warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what's prettier - the yarn or the fabric! What fun projects you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yellow and blue color combination. Your fabric selections are beautiful also. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete