Thursday, July 17, 2014

{ PHFR}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday, here at Like Mother, Like Daughter!


{Pretty}






This time of year is just glorious for the garden!  Unusually mild this summer, today we had loads of rain and everything just perked up and the colors shine. That top picture is obviously not outdoors, but on a gray day even those colors shine from the kitchen table, 

{Happy}




With the blanket finished in breakneck speed, I have moved on to a little sweater for the granddaughter below.  Rachel will be two in October. That blanket you see her holding onto?  She has coveted it since the day she was born ( of course that makes me sad:)))). So I am going to gift her with a little sweater.  It originally was going to be pink sparkly, but the yarn did not want to be a sweater, so I pulled some merino/cashmere from my stash. Doesn't every 2 year old have a cashmere sweater?  I though so.

{Funny}


She just cracks me up with those 2 fingers in her mouth.  No thumb sucking.  Just those fingers.

{Real}


Every Tuesday I make a trip to the library.  And every Tuesday I come home with a stack of books.  And every Tuesday I return unread books that looked good the week before, but weren't.  Yesterday I stopped in at Barnes and Noble.  I hadn't been there in ages.  I feel like a traitor buying a book since Mr. Golfer is on the Library Board for the city.   I have always enjoyed Barbara Delinsky.  Yes, she writes the predictable story line, but her style is comforting. Very homey.  And she is a knitter.  It doesn't hurt that this book not only begins with knitting, but the setting is Maine, my favorite vacation spot.  So far, as usual, I am captivated.  Knitting, gardening, Maine...what more do you need in a book?

Linking up with Aunt Leila!

No comments:

Post a Comment