Friday, September 19, 2014

Change




















Slowly the seasons change. Summer moves into fall. With it comes the desire to be home.  This movement is always an introspective time for me. I tend to hunker down and retreat.

Putting out reminders of the season is calming.  The garden needs to be put to bed, and as our temps are cooling, I should get something done.  The back garden is disgraceful.  It takes so much  heat and I just can't work in that heat anymore.  The front garden is more shaded and this year survived very well.

That little sweater I knit weeks ago will be gifted to a granddaughter this weekend. It is birthday time for Evelyn and brother Luke!  I am putting the buttons on today and wrapping it up in a sweet box.  Knits needs special treatment don't you think?


5 comments:

  1. lovely sweater and buttons! We are just starting to get cooler temps... I long for a true autumn, not sure what this one will bring weather wise.... Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda
    the sweater is amazing, beautiful, understated. The buttons perfect!
    I think I am feeling ready to hunker down soon, but not just yet.. Im still grabbing at last rays of warm sun and wearing my sandals a bit more

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can tell fall is in the air....allergies are acting up!!! sniff sniff sniff sniff! love the little sweater...you are so right----knits do need special attention! :) happy birthday little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos speak to me and whisper my love of fall! lovely sweater that you finished and added the perfect buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I found your blog via Ginny's. I have lots of wee ones (& bigs too) I knit for. I love your sweater and your button choice. Could you tell me the name of your pattern? Thank you. Going to drop hints for one of your bags for a Christmas present:)

    ReplyDelete