Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?









My goal was to complete this first Chevron blanket by July 1st.  I should be close to that. Since both of these babies are due relatively close together the pattern needed to be a quick one.  Assuming the showers will be in late August to early September, I should be right on time.  Mr. Golfer makes fun of my planning.
( he is a last minute kind of guy) Good thing he is not in charge of baby knitting!

Speaking of planning.  Someone made a comment a few weeks back about my Drawstring bags tending to match my project. It got me to thinking that even if I hadn't intentionally planned that, it was a cute idea.  None of these bags are large enough for this project, but I thought they were a  cute grouping.  All are available in the shop.  I'm thinking before I start the second Chevron I should make something in lilac and gray :)))

I have never really enjoyed cooking. For some reason today I had an epiphany in the kitchen.  Maybe it will be similar to the one that began my little business, but I reached up onto the shelf and brought down a book I had only skimmed. This book is not a cookbook.  It is more a philosophy on why we cook and how the ingredients of one meal should lead into the next.  I am drawn to it and hope that even at this stage of my life I may decide I like to cook.  Stranger things have happened.

Linking up with Ginny today!

12 comments:

  1. I am all about matching my bags with my projects so I understand - LOL. Your blanket looks so nice. I'm sure you will get it done on time. I sometimes think men just don't like to plan for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket looks great! I especially like the drawstring bags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blanket! just added ANOTHER baby to my growing list of new souls to enter the world this year. I better start planning, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always make quilts for baby gifts, but I am thinking twice looking at that blanket. Very pretty and so soft looking.

    I just bought that book for my kindle -- sounds like it's just up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chevron blanket! Those bags look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to do the same thing with colors, my husband calls them the "green phase" or the "red phase". He He! That book looks really interesting! I've just request it from my library! Also your bag is on my blog today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pink and grey looks so well together - there's going to be two very cozy babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to find myself working in the same colorways in both yarn and fabric. I think we go through personal trends in colors. I find it very difficult not to always by blue fabrics and yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blanket and bags! So pretty!! That books sounds interesting. I don't really like to cook, I think because I "have to" for my family of 8. I wish I enjoyed it more. It sure would make it easier ... Maybe this book would give me inspiration?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the blanket! And of course, your bags, too.
    Blessings,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. That book looks really neat... thanks for the recommendation! Great work on the blanket... seems you have plenty of time to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read that book a year or so ago and I did enjoy it! Lovely blanket and I KNOW you will be done by july 1st :)

    ReplyDelete