Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Yarn Along...Little Sweaters

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? 






Rachel's Tiny Tea Leaves is washed and blocked.  The choosing of the buttons will be a special trip.  This little granddaughter, just like her mommy, is all about bling.  So shiny and sparkly they will be.

On the needles, or should I say on and off and on and now off again, is the next granddaughter's birthday sweater.  I am knitting our own Ginny's Sunday Sweater.  I began it twice in Knit Picks Swish worsted.  The first time. I cast on the 4/5 size, but then decided to frog it and cast on the 2/3.  After a conversation with my oldest daughter, she thought the Swish would be too warm.  So I will be casting on the third time in Knit Picks Comfy.  Third times a charm, right?

Yesterday my oldest and youngest daughters took me to Dallas to a LYS I had not visited.  These two skeins were calling my name and I could not refuse.  When visiting other shops I like to purchase yarns I can't get in my home shop.  This yarn I had not seen before. My plan is to knit the Cedar Leaf Shawlette.

I didn't get to make a library trip yesterday, so no new reading to post.

Many of you know that Ginny has suffered a tragic loss in her community. I am offering up prayers here.  Might we all do the same?

8 comments:

  1. love the sweet cardigan! Happy birthday btw :) May you live another 50 blissful years. You should totally knit Branching out shawl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cedar leaf shawlette is one of my favorites!!!! how pretty it will be!
    Love the tea leaves.....blingy buttons. How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your yarn and cannot wait to see how your cedar leaf turns out. :) I knit myself a tea leaves for my 50th last year and love it, but I've not knit the tiny one. Will have to do that for my Charlotte! xo ~Lisa
    PS: here's a link to my post on turning 50 if you're interested :)
    http://happyindolevalley.blogspot.com/2013/11/thoughts-on-50-and-who-gets-flower.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!!! Do you have a post on turning 60? Just 2 years away!

      Delete
  4. Here's to the third time being the charm! I loved knitting the Sunday sweater! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea leaves is so sweet! I loved knitting the Sunday Sweater last year and swore I would make it again eventually... I am waiting on my good friend to let me know what yarn to get to make one for her daughter actually - my friend said it was her favorite thing I had ever knit! Gorgeous new yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, praying for Ginny. lovely sweater and nice of you to be considerate to other's needs/thoughts in your knit too. always love to see what you are knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawlette will be quite pretty in that yarn. I hope third time is the charm with your knitting. The pink sweater is great. I am looking forward to seeing those blingy buttons.

    ReplyDelete