Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Yarn Along

 Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading (though not at the same time!), and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?









Lilah's Sunday Sweater is finished!  I face timed her tonight and she was so excited.  I love being able to see and talk to my grandchildren between houses.  Especially at bedtime.  There have been lullabies sung over iPads.:))

This sock was begun last year before the onslaught of baby blankets began.  I sat down Sunday night and completed it and then cast on the second. The pattern is Cookie A's Monkey Sock turned into the No Purl MonKey Socks.  Purling is not my favorite stitch on socks, so the opportunity to knit this pattern with all knit stitches was great! The yarn is Hazel Knits is the Emerald City color way.

That Drawstrings bag fabric is a real seller in the shop!  I'm having to order another yardage of it.  Love all the colors, don't you?

No book reading this past week. I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest doing wedding planning.  We are reassessing flowers and  beginning the bridesmaid dress search.  There are some deadlines I have set for the happy couple coming up, so I am gently prompting them to be on task.:)))

Linking up with Ginny!!!
 

11 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful busy and good! so lovely the singing of lullabys by face time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no purl monkey socks sounds like fun, I've made the original sock pattern a few times and enjoyed it immensely! Have fun with the wedding plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the buttons you chose! And the sock pattern is awesome! I never knit such fancy socks...usually I am only making socks for the kids, so a simple rib is about as advanced as I get. I would love to make myself some fancy socks though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater turned out so lovely! I really like the purple, and your socks are pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buttons on the sweater are really adorable. Mind sharing where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a sucker for purple yarn. Love the sweater. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sweater! What a wonderful sock! Love the bag fabric and being able to sing lullabies by facetime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sweater. I love the buttons. The sock is such a pretty color. Of course that bag is a best seller. Knitters (and crocheters) need just the right bags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your granddaughter will love this sweater! Wedding planning sounds fun, can't wait to see pictures from the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looovely knitting and beautiful project bags! those socks look so warm and soft!
    Good luck with the wedding!

    ReplyDelete